Welcome to Muncie, Indiana and surrounding communities. River Gardens Bed & Breakfast is located close to it all. There is sure to be something for everyone with so many things to do and see in the area. Indiana tourism includes so many places to go and visit. If you find yourself asking, "What to do?" during your stay, let us be your guide with some links to area attractions and activities in the Indianapolis area:
Here are some of our local favorites.
- Amazing Joes -765-288-9470 902 Wheeling, Muncie, IN 47304
- The Cup, 765-287-1995 – University Drive, Muncie
- Concannon's Pastry Shop 765-288-8551 620 N Walnut St, Muncie, IN 47305
- Vera Mae's Bistro & Catering, 765-747-4941 209 S Walnut St, Muncie, IN 47305-2803
- Mancino's Pizza & Grinders, 765-287-1300
- Scotty's Brewhouse, 765-747-5151
- Bruner's Family Restaurant, 765-288-2711
- Kacy J's 765-289-5229 5201 N. Walnut, Muncie, IN 47304
- Minnetrista Cultural Center featuring museum exhibits, gardens, outdoor events, and the summer farmers market. It is about 15 minutes away from our Bed and Breakfast.
- Association of Model Aeronautics (AMA) is a few miles away from River Gardens. You can watch and hear many of the planes from our gardens.
- Cardinal Greenway, Inc. Also, check out this link to the Greenway. A 27-mile asphalt trail along the old railways for, Walking, Biking, Rollerblading, Cross Country Skiing, Horseback Riding (from Medford Trailhead), Wheelchair Accessible. There is an entry point within 1/2 a mile from our Bed and Breakfast. Bring your bicycles and stay for the night.
- Downtown Muncie Association Activities downtown include summer festivals, outdoor movies, nice restaurants, pubs, galleries, and shopping. Only 15 minutes away from River Gardens.
- Historic Camp Chesterfield - Spiritualist academy and grounds about 30 minutes west on Hwy 67 and Hwy 32.
- Prairie Creek Reservoir - 98 State Route 35 South, Muncie, IN 47303. 765-747-4776. This 2,300-acre park features a 1,252-acre stream-fed lake that is well stocked with a variety of game fish. Activities available include pontoon and sail boating, fishing, swimming, and picnicking.
- Bed, Breakfast & Biking - Bed Breakfast and Biking lists bike-friendly B & B's and inns along or near the bike trails and byways throughout the state of your choice. The innkeepers along the bike trails offer hospitality and respite for travelers. They will be happy to help you plan a trip using their B & B as a base or as one of the several stops on your biking (or hiking).
- And More Treasures in Muncie. Just ask us.